(C) 2007-2107 by Marranos Unidos
Internationales All Rights are Reserved
Distributed under the terms of the MPL2
(First Final Edition - Codename PescePalla)
First of all the warning:
THIS SOFTWARE AND INFORMATION ARE PROVIDED "AS IS". ALL USE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK,
AND NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY IS ASSUMED. NO WARRANTIES ARE MADE.
And the distribution terms:
strangé is distributed under the term of the MPL2 [MTM (Marrano is Truly Marrano) Public Licence
version 2]. All rights are reserved.
Here we are:
strangé is a small tool to view html, text and Amigaguide files. It goes online but
it is not a browser. It renders pages in a fine way, but it is not modern, it is not
ultimate, it doesn't want donations.
- People Of Good Will
Use the installation script. If it doesn't work, go for a walk.
If it still doesn't work and you didn't chill out, play some
Christi Baron music. If you are still out of mind, you are
not a good marrano :( That is bad and you should immediately purge
strangé. But, in all our goodness, we give you the second chance
to simply copy strangé drawer somewhere. In change, enter #morphos
and whine about a MorphOS installer with laire or some other demi-god.
You can find the last version of strangé somewhere.
strangé uses, if it finds them:
- codesets.library 6+
- cybergraphics.library 50+ (MorphOS version only)
- dos.library 37+
- icon.library 37+
- iffparse.library 37+
- intuition.library 37+
- graphics.library 37+
- locale.library 37+
- muimaster.library 19+
- rexxsyslib.library 37+
- utility.library 37+
- MUI4, if you want multi tabs
- Busy.mcc any version
- HTMLview.mcc any version
- TheBarVirt.mcc 21+
- TheButton.mcc 21+
- asyncio.library 37+
- cmanager.library 32+
- openurl.library 3+
- CManager.mcc 32+
- MiniMail.mcc 18+
strangé uses a lot of third parts software. We mean: nothing is original. Everything was pasted from the net.
Just a small list:
- strangé uses Busy.mcc by Klaus Melchior
- and HTMLview.mcc by Allan Odgaard
- codesets.library, ported by alfie on Amiga from SimpleMail and Unicode code
- even some lines from lineread.c made in 1994 by the AmiTCP/IP Group
- images from some Linux package, as crystal and gion
- Mason's AISS pics used with the permission of the author
- The marrano icons, by Davide 'Turrican' Michelini
- probably something else I forgot
Some marrano translated strangé in her/his language.
We really thank them:
- An unknown marrano to italian... Hurray!
- HJ Ottinger to german... Hurray!
- Marcin Kornas to polish... Hurray!
strangé template is:
And I don't see anything to say about.
strangé ARexx port commands are:
- GOTOURL <URL/A> [NEWTAB/S]
To use strangé in ambient mimes, use a CLI command as:
run >NIL: <NIL: strange %sp
- Q. What is strangé?
- A. strangé is a small viewer. Don't think at it like a browser. It was written because we needed
something to show AmigaGuide documents in a fine way. That is NOW (version 0.3 Alpha) implemented!.
Our analists was very wrong.
- Q. Why the name of the executable is strange and not strangé?
- A. Because MorphOS (our poor men's MorphOS) isn't UNICODE compliant and we didn't want
to mess with your fonts and dos.library.
- Q. Why some images are rendered in a so ugly way?
- A. HTMLview.mcc was written when AmigaOS was lame. Ask damato to fix it.
- Q. Do I have to pay to use strangé?
- A. If you use it every day, you must register to your local "Marranos Unidos Internationales"
section and pay the registration fee.
- Q. What is the MPL2?
- It is a software licence. We wrote it to be sure our software is available
to every marrano in the planet. We don't mean a marrano is free to use it. We
really mean he has to use it. It is not about free beers. Free beers are nothing,
if they are hot. While just the opposite happens with chicks. So, our freedom is in the
domain of sex. We wrote it. You have to use it. You give us all your sisters.
Simple as that.
The "Marranos Unidos Internationales" crew:
Kiss'em all at freenode/#amigaita !
- alfie, In The Sky With Lucy
- AlieM, Fly It From Preturo
- guruman, The Dormitory Terminator
- ShInKurO, WorkIt 054 Studio NYC
- suppah, DaDxMan
- Turrican, Rex Capellorum